Terms and Conditions – Avoiding Normal Consultancy
To the Client:
The terms and Conditions set out below outline some very important specifics, such as payment and information about mutual responsibilities and expectations. It is designed to bring as much clarity as possible to our business relationship. Please contact Sam Johnson via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any questions regarding these terms and conditions BEFORE your consultancy session starts.
The services to be provided by Avoiding Normal to the client are conducted through face to face meetings or Skype conferences, as agreed with the client at the time of booking.
In the consultancy relationship, the Avoiding Normal consultant plays the role of an advisor to assist in helping you achieve your long term campervan travel goals but it remains the client’s responsibility to implement or act upon the advice. Avoiding Normal makes every effort to ensure that the information provided during the course of our consultancy is accurate and up-to-date. The advice provided is not a substitute for legal advice and the client should always obtain professional advice relevant to your particular circumstances or as recommended from time to time by Avoiding Normal.
Avoiding Normal will take all reasonable care in providing its services to you. The advice provided has been gained through experience only and in the case of, but not limited to, questions regarding electrics, plumbing, gas installation, mechanical maintenance, carpentry, legal legislation and financial matters, the client should always seek professional help. Avoiding Normal will not be held accountable, either by the client or a third party acting on behalf of the client, for any loss, injury or damage sustained due to the clients misuse of the advise or failure to seek professional and qualified help.
General Consultancy Terms and Conditions.
- Consultancy sessions must be utilised and completed within two (2) years from the date of purchase. This includes both ‘Single’ and ‘Bulk’ consultancy sessions.
- Consultancy sessions can’t be booked less than 48hr beforehand
- Avoiding Normal reserves the right to change the date/time/location of the booking within 48 hours of the booking being made. In such cases, the client will be contacted via email to agree on a different time/date/location that is suitable for both parties. A full refund will be given should the client and Avoiding Normal not be able to agree on a new date/time/location for the consultancy session.
- The ‘Free Consultancy Session’ provided to each new client will be used for the sole purpose of getting to know one another and for Avoiding Normal to better understand your needs and advising you on the best course of action. Detailed answers to specific questions will not be given during these sessions
- ‘Free Consultancy Sessions’ are limited to one per client and a duration of 20 minutes.
- The price of the consultancy session entitles the client to either a face-to-face or Skype session with Sam Johnson for the duration as stated at the time of booking.
- Avoiding Normal will follow up each consultancy session with an email within 72hrs of the consultancy ending with a summary of the questions discussed and answers to any questions not given during the consultancy.
- From time to time, it may not be possible for the consultant to answer specific questions during the consultancy time due to the need of further research. An example would be, but not limited to, the answers to the latest driving regulations in a specific country. All answers to such questions will be provided in the follow up email to be sent within 72hrs of the consultancy ending.
- Consultancy sessions, either face-to-face or via Skype, are available 7 days a week, 365 days a year at a time that is convenient for both the client and Avoiding Normal as agreed in the booking procedure.
- A full copy of Avoiding Normal’s Terms & Conditions will be provided upon booking and must be signed and returned before any consultation can take place, including free consultancy sessions. No consultancy session will begin without Avoiding Normal having received the clients agreement to these term and conditions.
- Avoiding Normal reserves the right to change or amend its terms and conditions at any point. In such a case, any clients already booked on consultancy sessions will be informed of the changes and will be required to re-submit their agreement before their next consultancy session commences.
Face-to-Face Consultancy – Specific Terms and Conditions
- Avoiding Normal and the client agree that face-to-face consultancy sessions will be held at an agreed location that is both quite and free from disruptions.
- Any fees which Avoiding Normal considers unreasonable incurred by its consultant to attend face-to-face consultancy sessions will be passed onto the client. Clients will be informed prior to booking face-to-face sessions of any such fees and the amount to be paid.
- If the client fails to turn up at the agreed location for face-to-face consultancy then no refund will be given. Additional consultancy sessions will have to be paid for by the client for further consultancy.
- If the client is late to a face-to-face consultancy session then no refund will be given for the unused time. Any unused time cannot be rolled over to any future sessions.
Skype Consultancy – Specific Terms and Conditions.
- The client is responsible for providing Avoiding Normal with a valid Skype Username/email address upon booking.
- The client agrees to call the consultant at the agreed specified time.
- The Skype session will consist of audio, text and video. If technical issues arise during the call, for instance one or both parties are experience a week internet connection, then the video option will be cancelled to improve call quality. No refund will be given if the video option is unavailable.
- If insufficient internet signal occurs, for either party, resulting in the Skype session being unable to commence/ be completed, then an arrangement with the option to either reschedule the session at a later time/date or refund the session will be given to the client via email.
- If the client is late for a Skype appointment, the consultancy session will still end at the appointed time.
- If the Skype call lasted less time than booked for because the client ended it earlier for whatever reason (i.e. – having no further questions etc.) no refund will be given for the time that wasn’t used. No second call will be arranged to use up the remaining time.
Fees and Payments
- The client will purchase and pay for all consultancy sessions at the price stated at the time of booking before the date of the consultancy.
- No consultancy sessions will commence until full payment has been made.
- Any and all transaction fees incurred by the clients credit card company or bank for overseas payments or currency conversions fees are to be paid by the client on top of the consultancy fee.
- Any fees incurred using Paypal will be covered by Avoiding Normal unless specifically stated at the time of booking.
- Avoiding Normal reserves the right to change or amend its fees for consultancy at any time. In such cases, any pre booked consultancy sessions including ‘Bulk’ session will not be affected
- All payments are to be made via Paypal unless otherwise agreed by the client and Avoiding Normal at the time of booking. Paypal accepts both credit and debit card payments.
Changes and Cancellations
Avoiding Normal is committed to respecting the client of his/her time and expects the same from the client. In the event of a change or cancellation, Avoiding Normal requires a minimum of 24 hours’ notice via email. In turn, the Consultant will extend the courtesy to the Client, should the consultant have to reschedule or change a session. The client will be charged the price of their consultancy session and no refund given should they fail to inform Avoiding Normal within the 24 hour time frame, unless in the case of an emergency.
Termination of this Agreement
Avoiding Normal reserves the right to terminate any agreement and cease acting for the client and take all necessary steps to notify all other interested persons that Avoiding Normal is no longer acting for you if, among other reasons:
- The client fails or neglects to provide us with adequate instructions in relation to your matter.
- Avoiding Normal forms the opinion, on reasonable grounds, that mutual confidence and trust do not exist between us and you.
- The client unreasonably refuses to act in accordance with the advise provided
If any part of these terms and conditions is void or unenforceable, then that part shall be severed from the terms and conditions of Avoiding Normal to the intent that all the other parts remain in full force and effect and are unaffected by any severance.
The client is encouraged to carefully consider if consultancy provided by Avoiding Normal is right for them before committing to a consultation. If the client decides to cease consultancy once the consultancy has commenced, no refund will be given for any sessions already undertaken or any pre paid unused sessions. There will be no refund for a client simply changing his/her mind, or if another service is found.
Privacy and Confidentiality
Avoiding Normal realises the importance of ensuring that all personal information given is treated confidentially. Avoiding Normal is committed to protecting your privacy and will not disclose or pass on any personal information provided without the written consent – e.g. website testimonials. Consultancy sessions are completely private and confidential.
The client takes full responsibility in the decisions they make as a result of consultation as well as the consequences in conjunction with any advice from independent third party advisors that Avoiding Normal may put you in contact with. The client enters into consultancy with full understanding that they are responsible for their actions and implementation of any advise given. The client and the consultant agree to communicate clearly, to address openly any problems, disagreements or questions that arise during the duration of any and all consultancy sessions and to work always for a positive and favourable outcome.
You acknowledge Avoiding Normals copyright in all documents prepared by Avoiding Normal and that they must not be reproduced without Avoiding Normals prior written permission.